DURATION: 8 hours
DESCRIPTION: Comprehensive day course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who need training due to work requirements. 100% attendance, skills demonstration 3-year certification in Workplace Emergency First Aid CPR/AED Level A. There is no re-certification process; candidates are required to retake the 7 hour program every three years.
- Introduction and the Red Cross
- Preparing to respond, prevention of disease transmission
- Check, Call, Care
- Wound care and WorksafeBC records
- Airway, breathing and circulation emergencies
- Shock, bleeding and medical emergencies
- Knowledge evaluation and closing
INCLUDES: any other content required by specific legislation
Canadian Red Cross "B.C. Workplace Emergency First Aid(WEFA) Student Guide"
Certification card (numbered)